Archive for April 27th, 2010
Lots of talks were going on over Nokia N8 from long, we even seen the early pics from a russian blogger on last day, but still many were wondering if Nokia going to miss the dates as rumors were saying that Nokia going to unveil this device in April 2010 only. So, today was April 27, 2010 and with only 3 days more remaining in April, rumors got it exactly right, when Nokia Conversations probably became the first source to announce the next generation of Camera Phone series.
This was the sneak peak into the device, we seen early the morning.
In first few mins, the official site had some issue with authentication and was asking for username/ password probably for the active content. But even if one was cancelling prompts, site was ready to reveal the show stopper Nokia N8 in complete day lights. I already have mentioned about the specifications and price from the same source. Now, even officially product page arrived. Head there to know more about it.
The site has an emulation of Nokia N8’s screen on the front, you can watch the video and increase the volume, forward, pause etc.
Not sure, if it has the same messaging apps as Nokia C3, Nokia C6 and Nokia E5 going to have. (Just checked the official page, it will have the same Mail/IM support as upcoming Messaging devices), not sure why Nokia kept the resolution 640×380 in place of 800×600 of Nokia N900? But still if price remain on Rs. 22, 000/-, then Nokia did an amazing job like always to bring the capacitive screen in such a ‘small price’.
Yes!! the price is small about this device as I bought my Nokia N82 two and half years back in Rs. 19, 500/- and its still pricing around Rs. 17, 000/- at least I guess. Leave the brand new amazing Symbian^3 a side, leave the costly but lovingly smooth iPhone like capacitive screen a side, its going beyond double of your mega pixels in Nokia N82, bring 12 MP with HD recording @30fps with same Xenon Flash everyone of us was craving for.
Let me add one thing on disappointment side, its expected to be launched in the countries given below only in first phase:
Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherland, Poland, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States, Brazil, China, Portugal Why you skip India all the time? A reader mentioned that release will be worldwide and I re-checked. Sorry for early excitement. Hope it true.. want it soon in my hands.
Geeks might be out to complain abound lower battery of 1200 mAh, few might mourn about RAM still on 256 MB and CPU on 680 MHz, but no one could deny the fact that only Nokia could have done this by bring a full fledge connectivity device, 3.5” capacitive screen, 12 MP Camera with Xenon Flash and HD Recoridng, 16 GB eMMC Internal Memory (expandable to 32 GB via card), FM Reciever/ Transmitter, finger/ stylus touch over Capacitive screen and what a look.
Updates: Adding few videos about Nokia N8
Nokia!!!! only you could have done it. Hard to wait for it. WomWorld/ Nokia!!! are you listening me?
Here comes the reason to believe on rumors. Nokia announced the long awaited and rumored device Nokia N8 today. The first to bring Symbian^3, the first to bring 12MP Camera, the first to bring Multi Touch capacitive screen to Nokia, probably first to bring HD Recording in Nokia Smartphones and finally it brings back the beloved Xenon Flash. Dreams came true.
Available in a number of colors and a big 3.5” screen with most of space making the screen only not button, its set to be a great multimedia device for sure. Am I going to get complete replacement for my Nokia N82? Falling in love with lovely looks … though missing the while color from the bunch. Will Nokia Launch the same in white as well?
The most awaited device is expected to arrive in market by third quarter only with a price Rs. 22, 000/- around (hope taxes wont axe a lot).
Dark Grey, Silver White, Green, Blue, Orange
- Talk time (GSM/WCDMA) – 12/5 h 50 min
- Standby (GSM/WCDMA) – 390/400 h
- Video record – 3 h 20 min
- Music playback – 50 h
- Video playback – 7 h
- Video playback with HDMI – 6 h
- Web TV – 3 h 20 min
Nokia Original Accessories:
- Nokia Wired Headset WH-701 (in box)
- Nokia Bluetooth Stereo Headset BH-905
- Nokia Bluetooth Headset BH-608
- Nokia Extra Battery DC-11
- Nokia Bluetooth Stereo Headset BH-214
- Nokia Bluetooth Stereo Headset BH-505
- Nokia Mini Speaker MD-9
- System: WCDMA 850/900/1700/1900/2100 and GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- OS: Symbian^3
- Form Factor: Touch screen monoblock
- Dimensions: 113.5 x 59.12 x 12.9 mm (L x W x H)
- Weight: 135g
- Display: 3.5 inch widescreen (640 x 360 pixels) capacitive touch
- Battery: 1200mAh BL-4D
- Media Storage/Memory: 16GB mass memory + micro SD card slot, 135MB internal memory, support up to 32GB memory cards. RAM256 ROM512
- Video Playback: Video recording, Performance: encoding 25fps, decoding 30fps, File Formats: H.264, MPEG-4, VC-1, H.263, Real Video 10, ON2 VP6, Flash video
- Music Playback: FM radio, FM transmitter, MP3 player, Supported codecs: MP3,AAC,eAAC, eAAC+,WMA,AMR-WB, DRM support, DRM: OMA DRM 2.0
- Main Camera:
- Lens: Carl Zeiss optics
- Image capture: 12 megapixels
- Video capture: HD 720p
- Aperture: F2.8
- Focal length: 5.4
- Flash: Xenon flash
- HDMI adapter CA-157
- WLAN IEEE802.11 b/g/n
- BT2.1 with support for stereo headsets
- Positioning with GPS, A-GPS, WLAN and Cell-ID
- Micro-USB 2.0 high speed for file transfers and charging
- USB On-the-Go
- Nokia AV connector 3.5 mm for audio input/output and TV out
You can download the official press release with docs from here.
Just placing the quick info from the official site, will be back with details soon.