Update: Official firmware update is already up. If not received yet, then you can download it via navifirm. For Indian Dark Gray version, size is 154 mb. I can upload if anyone needs that.
Update: Thanks to @N8ws, we have found a quick video of Nokia N8 running the new firmware, check it at the end of post.
Update: It seems that Nokia has removed this particular firmware from their servers or denied the access. Its showing but not there anymore. Either out for release or access removed.There are some tweets saying that Indian Product code 0599255 got the new firmware, but mine is the same and HAVEN’T got it yet neither Navifirm showing it in product external.
Finally what we all were waiting for and I even reported in my last posts is about to appear anytime soon. Navifirm started showing PR 1.1 as 13.015 firmware version. Though its only scandinavia and still in only quality assurance mode, but it means that PR1.1 is finally coming, may be tomorrow.
“NAVIFIRM is used for downloading Nokia firmware images, obtaining lists of product codes, and finding the right product code for your phone. NAVIFIRM downloads all this straight from Nokia’s servers so you don’t have to wait for people to post data packages and lists of product codes.”
You can download navifirm from here
Note: Who don’t know about it Scandinavia is a region in northern Europe that includes Denmark and two of the Scandinavian Peninsula’s countries, Norway and Sweden, even include Finland and Island as per our prompt reader Hese 🙂
The change log
- New features: landscape dialer, search for music, pictures and etc with new split input interface (cool), cached web pages with forward and backword buttons, configuration of view for functions,(grid and list), navigation using address from contact book
- Bug fixes: WLAN search, the functionality of not saving the message for SMS, keyboard …
- Touch responsiveness: people should have receive with yesterdays’ update
- stability and minor improvement in mail setup etc
- They also seem to have cured the Nokia N8 reset fiasco, but who will try it first?
And if we believe Alex68 from @MyNokiaBlog, who provided this change log, then the official release date is January 21, 2011 at earliest unlikely before it.
For people who missed the download and wanna try it before, here goes the download links